Maybe he or she feels a lot like Gabriela McCall Delgado did when she began her college career.
Back in 2008, Garbriela looked for a networking and advocacy group by and for college students with disabilities.
She didn’t find what she was looking for. So – she joined with other young people to create it!
We Connect Now has thrived over the last five years. Through social media, a website, and a growing number of campus chapters, WCN connects and supports college students in unique ways.
WeConnectNow.wordpress.com is the hub of WCN. Here, you can:
- Link to Stories by other college students, and share your own story
- Connect to Blogs written by college students and allies
- Learn about Laws that impact your legal rights and responsibilities
- Link to information and resources
- Find out how you can start a WCN Chapter at your campus
Focus on Employment
The Jobs section of the site has been added to offer job search tips and information about employment sites and job opportunities.
Young self advocates can share stories and stay in touch with each other through WCN social media channels including:
WCN grows and thrives organically as young people share stories, questions, experiences, and resources. Self advocates who want to get involved can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you know others who may be interested in WCN? Share this post. Thanks!
There is power in connection!